Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day -1

Hi All. This is an effort, as suggested by a voice in me, to have all my days and thoughts about my GMAT journey in a place, tracked, saved and easy for reference. I am a regular anonymous blogger and I love blogging. But here, I shall try to be just a student, keeping watch over my progress for the Marathon and putting all other crap, out. I sit here looking onto the screen marked 550 in the first GMAT test I took from mba.com, a step I preferred to take before I start just to see where I am. This is devastating compared to my 670 a few months back, when I had started initially. I stopped my preparation half way through due to my commitments at work. And now, it is very clear from my poor score that I need to start again.

My Verbal needs immediate action. I plan to get done with SC before I start with RC and CR. I usually am good in CR which is a personal favorite and RC would need some practice. My weakness always has been SC’s. So I plan to start with English Grammar 2nd Edition by Ehrlich which I have with me. I have seven days with me to complete the whole of it before I start with my real GMAT SC. This is to make sure that I am indeed in a state to identify the rules in play, the different parts of a sentence and the basic school grammar rules. I have felt this need before, to get a good grasp of the Kaplan, Manhattan and Princeton logics.

Day -1
1. GMAT Prep Test 1 (from mba.com): 550 (Done)
2. Need to complete Chapter 1 of English Grammar. (Done)

No comments:

Post a Comment